If you are completing the IB Diploma Program in May 2015, the official ToK essay titles you’ll be working with have been released. If you’d like some help approaching these questions and finishing your essay, I’m sharing a new set of resources. See the red button below.
There are 6 Official Titles for May 2015:
1. There is no such thing as a neutral question. Evaluate this statement with reference to two areas of knowledge.
2. “There are only two ways in which humankind can produce knowledge: through passive observation or through active experiment.” To what extent do you agree with this statement?
3. “There is no reason why we cannot link facts and theories across disciplines and create a common groundwork of explanation.” To what extent do you agree with this statement?
4. With reference to two areas of knowledge discuss the way in which shared knowledge can shape personal knowledge.
5. “Ways of knowing are a check on our instinctive judgments.” To what extent do you agree with this statement?
6. “The whole point of knowledge is to produce both meaning and purpose in our personal lives.” To what extent do you agree with this statement?
I can help you with that
Last year I got an offer to write a textbook. I was flattered and really excited to be approached like that. But I knew I had to say no. If I was going to spend that kind of time on a big project I knew it couldn’t be writing yet another textbook. I never hear from students that they need a new textbook. I knew I could use modern technologies, to make things easier for students. Books have been around since a little before 2014 BC, so I thought I’d try to do something more AD. So, I spent about 4 months and put together an online video program (and other support material) to cover every possible issue around you completing a great essay. You won’t need all of the resources I’ve made, but whatever you need is in here. You can get all of the guidance and tips I give my own ToK classes and a lot of new things I’ve developed just for online –to make sure this really works.
It hasn’t been easy. I’ve ended up creating an entirely new set of process to streamline how you write your essay. If you have any concerns at all, this program will handle them for you. And I’ll be right there in case you have a question I haven’t anticipated.
This is obviously the future of education: students connecting with the best possible learning experiences, regardless of geography.
So, if you are a student (living outside of Singapore), who would like some extra support as you prepare to write your essay, please feel free to join the program and we’ll sort you out.